Monday, March 30, 2009

Blizzard in the Spring

Hello girls!

I hope you are enjoying your spring weather! I just wanted to let you know how mine started out-not what I expected. With spring comes warmer weather, beautiful flowers blooming, riding bikes outside with the kids, Easter, new life and I love it, but have yet to experience it. Last week my grandpa passed away and we went up to the Oklahoma Pahandle for the funeral. The funeral was supposed to be on Friday afternoon, but winter reared its ugly head again with a vengence or somebody really ticked off the groundhog. We were in an all out blizzard Friday and Saturday, unable to leave the house because all the roads were closed, and did I mention with 7 kids ages 8 and under. AHHHHHH!!!! Needless to say- it was crazy!!!
Even though I literrally experienced a blizzard in the spring, I really experience blizzards in the spring a lot. Things will be looking great in family, job, children, marriage or all of the above and (as Emeril would say) Bam-a blizzard hits. It could be an unexpected death in the family, an unexpected move or job loss, a child making bad choices etc. Whatever your blizzard is-it doesn't mean there will be no spring. God's delays are not his denials! Spring ALWAYS comes-just maybe not when or how you expected. Know that God is never late and will bring you Spring once again. In Romans 8 it says, God works all things to the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose." -Even blizzards in the spring!

P.S.-BABY UPDATE
We are now about 7 weeks out! Woo hoo!!! This baby is kicking my tail! Literally, he kicks so hard:) We will have a talk about that when we meet face to face! I love Him so much already! I am not sure I have told you all the name, but it is Case Graham Roberts! Thank you so much for your encouragement and prayers for this amazing blessing. I can't wait to introduce him to you all.

Love ya!

No comments: