Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Still Here!

Hello Friends,

I realize it has been 2 months since my last post and I hope you are still there. As my husband would say "there are no excuses", but there has been a few things going on-so lets get you updated. First, we have a beautiful baby boy-Case Graham Roberts!!! Yeah!!! He was born on Friday, May 22 at 10:30AM. He weighed 7lb 7oz. (I loved this) and was 20 in. long. He was the missing piece to our family and now our family feels complete. We took him home and I must admit going from 2 to 3 kids threw me for a loop. I think I was naive in thinking "its only one more." Well, that one more was kicking my tail and he was a great baby.
I was starting to get the hang of things when Case was 3 weeks old when Case started getting sick. I had taken all three to FCA camp for the day and while we were there Case threw up, and I mean a lot and he didn't stop. I knew something wasn't right when it would hit the wall behind me. We took him to the Dr. and I wanted them to see what he was doing so I fed him in the waiting room and sure enough he performed right on schedule. After witnessing what he was doing and feeling on his belly, the Dr. said "I am going to send you on over to the hospital and we will probably have surgery tonight or in the morning." My heart sank. Tears started to flow. And I managed to get the words out, "What is wrong with my baby?" She assured me it was a simple procedure, but he had Pyloric Stinosis. This is where the muscle between the stomach and intestine grew too big that it wasn't letting anything go between the two; therefore, since it wasn't getting through it was coming up. The positive was I had heard of this because my husband had it when he was a baby. The negative was I heard horror stories from my mother-in-law about my husband when he was a baby.
We went to the hospital and they started an IV immediately because he was so dehydrated. If you have ever had a child with an IV, you know it is heart wrenching. He was just so tiny with all these tubes and he is just looking at you like "what are they doing to me?"
He had surgery the next morning and it went perfectly. He handled it like a champ, probably better than we did. Four days letter we were finally heading home:) Praise Jesus!
All that to say we are the proud parents of a now healthy baby boy who brings us so much joy! This is only the first chapter of the missing two months. Stay tuned for chapter two!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to see pictures of this beautiful little boy!