Monday, April 5, 2010

Amnesia

Hello my Friends!

I hope you had a great Easter with your family and celebrated the death and resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ!!!
One of my favorite things about Easter every year is the watching of the classic movie The Ten Commandments (No, I was not watching the Final Four-my bracket was shot). Even though I have watched Charleston Heston year after year lead the Israelites out of Egypt, there was one thing that kept jumping out at me. It was the fact that the Israelites kept getting amnesia. They were witnesses to some of the most amazing miracles in the Bible from the plagues, to being freed, to water coming out of a rock so they could have something to drink, Oh and the small miracle of parting the Red Sea. Are you kidding me? They walked on dry land with a wall of water on both sides of them! But yet they still doubted, questioned his presence, and even started worshipping a golden calf when they didn't hear from God immediately. I was just amazed at the lack of faith "God's people" had in God.

I started thinking about my own life and my own trials and I realized I have done and still do this same thing. I often ask "God where are you?" "Are you still there?" "Do you even hear me anymore?" And have even tried to do things my own way when God just wasn't moving fast enough. All this when I, too, have been a part of some great miracles in my life from healed marriages within my family, 3 miracle babies, God working out situations in coaching etc. He has shown his faithfulness time and time again. The bible teaches us that God IS faithful even when we are faithless. Praise the Lord!!!

Whatever you are facing today in your family, marriage, school, job, relationships, it is time to get your memory back and remember that God has been faithful before-He will be faithful again and again and again!!!

No comments: