Thursday, July 22, 2010

Yes I am here:)

Hello Friends!



You might be wondering...Where has she been? Well, not at a computer that's for sure! When you work for FCA, summer is crazy with camp, camp, and more camp! Camp season is officially over but it was amazing! We saw lives changed, walls broken, marriages strengthened, and new believers in Christ. Yippee! God is great!!! Now that I am back, will you join me on this continuing journey we call life, I mean busy life, I mean crazy life....And everything in between. There are so much God is teaching me and I can't wait to share it with you!

So let's get caught up and back on track.......

I was the guest speaker at my parent's church over Mother's Day this year. As I was praying and preparing about what God wanted me to share God used 3 moms of the bible to speak to me and I knew that was what I was supposed to share: Lessons from Mom's of the Bible.

The first one was Hannah. Hannah was married to a guy by the name of Elkanah who also had another wife named Penninah. Penninah was not very nice to Hannah at all. You see, Hannah did not have any children and Penninah did. Penninah pretty much rubbed that in Hannah's face each and every day. There was one day that Hannah was so sad, frustrated, and distraught that she wouldn't eat and went to the temple to pray. You can pick up the story from here in 1 Samuel 1:10-18.
You will see that as Hannah poured out her heart to God and she was so visibly distraught that the Priest thought she was drunk. If you keep reading, after Hannah prayed and spoke to the Priest she left and she was different: she went and ate and there was no sadness.

As mom's, wives, daughters, sisters, friends etc. we have all cried out to God during hard times with a heavy heart just like Hannah. Maybe it was a death in the family, you couldn't find a job, you couldn't get pregnant, you lost a baby, prayed for a loved one to know Christ, we have all cried out to God in Prayer but there is one lesson that we can learn from Hannah: Let Go and Let God. Even though we go to God in prayers, if you are like me, very rarely do I leave it with God. So often I will pray and then pick it up and take it with me.

The Bible says in 1 Peter 5:7, "Cast all your cares on Him for he cares for you." The word "cast" literally means to throw or hurl. So many times we cast our cares like we cast our fishing pole, we eventually reel it back in. No! we are supposed to "hurl" or "throw" our worries and fears so that He can take care of them-all of them!

Even though Hannah's circumstances hadn't changed her attitude did. The only difference in circumstances was that she left it with God! Ladies, the same God that heard Hannah's prayers and pleas is the same God who hears yours!
He is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the End, the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.
We need to learn from Momma Hannah to Let Go and Let God!!!! What do you need to let go of today?

Stay tuned for lesson #2 of Lessons learned from Mom's of the Bible!

No comments: