Monday, January 3, 2011

My Word for 2011

I hope you each had an awesome Christmas and New Years Day!!!

I don't know about you, but usually every year about this time I always think about how I am going to be different. You may call them New Year's Resolutions or life changers, but it is always the same: work out more, eat better, be healthier, spend more time with God and on and on and on. Every year it starts the same, but every year it ends the same too- I have failed.....miserably.

But 2010 was different (the workouts-not so much). I challenged myself last year to just spend time reading the gospels. Soaking all I could of Jesus' red letters through the eyes of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. I also picked a word to focus on 2010 and it was humility. Yep-I was humbled. My eyes were opened to how big God is and how small I am, yet He still uses me.

My word for 2011......Fearless. Ironically, this is one of the topics I speak on at Women's events all the time and yet I still am so fearful. I don't walk around looking like I'm in a Wes Craven horror movie all the time. If you were around me you probably wouldn't even know. My fear resonates as worry. I am a worry wort and I am tired of it. Worry is just fear that God isn't in control. I worry about my husband. I worry about my children. I worry that I am not hearing God. I worry about money. I worry about loved ones. I worry about what the world is coming to. I worry about the ministry God has given me in FCA. I worry that I can't do it all and when I can't what will suffer. I worry about being a good wife, mom, friend, sister, daughter, minister. Yep-I worry, but not anymore.

My verse for the year will be Psalm 27:1-3:
The Lord is my light and my salvation
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life;
whom shall be afraid?
When evil doers assail me to eat up
my flesh, my adversaries and foes, it is
they who stumble and fall.
Though an army encamp against me,
my heart shall not fear; though war arise
against me, yet I will be confident.
I will not worry because that is fear and I will not have fear because the Lord is my light and my salvation. I will not fear what the world has for me this year. I will not fear what the enemy has for me this year. I will not fear the unknown of 2011 because my God is the God of the stinkin universe. My confidence will come from God and God alone. I will live like my God is in control. I will live like the King of Kings is my father. I will live like I am co-heir of the throne with Jesus. I will live like the same spirit that raised Jesus from the dead lives in me. I will live fearless!
So....What's your word?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love that word, FEARLESS! I can totally identify. My word for 2011 is MORE! I want to read the Bible more, 2 chapters a day, be more loving, and supportive of my husband, be more positive and patient with my students. I could go on and on. But my mantra will be more GOD and less me. I truly want GOD to use my life to love and care for people.