Thursday, December 18, 2008

Bed and Breakfast

Merry Christmas, Friends! It's almost here! Yeah!

I hope this entry finds you doing great and not overwhelmed by all that the Christmas season has to offer. I have found a radio station in our area that plays Christmas music all day long! You would think I would get sick of it, but I don't! I love it!

I wanted to share with you our experience this past weekend. Every year my husband takes me to a bed and breakfast the first weekend after football season is over. It's our "hey, how have you been for the past 6 months" weekend. I look forward to it every year and this year was no different. But this year was different in the experience-so here goes. . .

I get a phone call from my husband on Thursday afternoon. He says he came home from school, sick and he couldn't come to the FCA staff Christmas party. Oh no, it can't be happening this weekend. I came home from the party (yes, I went without him. Free steak for a pregnant girl-I'm in!) and he did not look very good. I went to bed and woke up about 6:30am on Friday morning throwing up. Boo!! I was so sick. We tried to wait it out to see if we felt better and Chris did, but I didn't. I had him call the place and tell them we couldn't come and they informed him that since it was less than 24 hour notice they would have to charge us the full price of the room. He relayed the information to me and I replied, "Give me the phone." I, politely, told the lady that we were so sick and asked if there was anything they could do for us (pay half and we get a discount when we come back) anything at all! We couldn't just be out $200 and say "Oh we will do this again some other time." She, politely, replied to me "I am sorry that is our policy, but maybe if you came, a nice soak in our tub will make you feel better." I, not so politely, replied, "I guess I can throw up in your bathroom as much as I can throw up in mine. So I will suck it up and we will be there."

Yes, I am that stubborn and frugal! I told my husband- "let's go!" Yes, we did go and spent the night at our bed and breakfast with a take out dinner of "Lunchables" and laid in the big nice bed, watching Mission Impossible III between trips to the bathroom. Not our romantic evening I thought we would have, but none the less a memory that some day we will laugh at:)

Hopefully you can get a good laugh! Have a Happy Day!

No comments: