Monday, February 16, 2009

Burdened Heart

Hello friends,

I write to you all today with such a heavy heart. When you work in the ministry, you tend to see the best and worst of the spiritual battles that each person faces daily. You become well aware of the struggles that the human race faces when living the daily grind of life. I got to see one of the most intense spiritual battles unfold before me last week. I went to visit one of my coaches who is also a dear friend. We have had numerous "God Talks" about what He was doing in each of our lives. This time was different-and not a good different. She preceded to tell me that she had been in a relationship for 11 years with a married man and his divorce was final now, and they were going to try to make it work with them now. My heart sank to the pit of my stomach. She was very emotional and the conflict on her was just so intense. I walked out after our 2 hour conversation, sat in my car, and just cried. I called my husband and just poured out my heart broken over hers.

This may sound crazy, but my husband and I have been praying for over 18 months about God's plans for the Roberts' family. We just have this overwhelming feeling that God is preparing our family for something. I asked God that day in my quiet time to show me a glimpse of the the calling He had on my life and 3 hours later I was crying out to him with such a burden for all marriages. I felt like Isaiah when God was roaming the earth, and Isaiah overheard God say, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" I overheard God's calling to intercede on behalf of all marriages. I prayed for an hour for every marriage I could think of-including yours! There is no greater relationship, outside of your relationship with God, than your relationship with your husband. If God gives me the opportunity to go out and speak on the subject I would consider it an answer to the question I heard on that day-"Whom shall I send?"

Praying for your marriage and mine!

No comments: