Monday, February 2, 2009

A world without God

Hello Friends!



I started my day on a somewhat difficult note today. On my way to work, I stopped by the Hospital to see and pray with my husband's cousin and her husband. He was preparing for surgery to amputate his leg because of cancer. At the age of 30! When I got there the families were waiting in the waiting room-2 going in to see them at a time. I wasn't there 2 minutes when a family member came out and said, "Is there a Sarah here yet? They would like to see her next." Feeling bad that I kinda jumped in line, I walked back there. As I pulled aside the curtain, I saw 2 very frightened indivduals and realized they didn't want to see me, they wanted to feel God right now through my prayer.

I know we all know someone going through such times as these and it may be you! You are asking God questions or just seeking his answers. That was me today! I simply wanted to be reminded of what I had just reminded this young couple: God is real and he is here! I was doing my devotion today and this is what I read:


Think for a moment about this question: What if God weren't here on earth? You think people

can be cruel now, imagine us without the presence of God. You think we are brutal to each

other now, imagine a world without the Holy Spirit. You think there is loneliness and despair

and guilt now, imagine a life without the touch of Jesus. No forgiveness. No hope. No acts of kindness.

No words of love. No more food given in his name. No more songs sung to his praise. No more

deeds done in his honor. If God took away his angels, his grace, his promise of eternity, and his

servants, what would the world be like?
In one word, Hell.




I read this devotion and my questions were answered with one simple word:YES! This couple ,because of Jesus, can have hope! This couple, because of Jesus, can have peace! This couple, because of Jesus, can feel compassion!
And because of Jesus, so can you and I! Woo Hoo!

PS. Baby Update- I am now almost 6 months and feel like I am 9 months. Baby boy is doing awesome and extremely active! Praise the Lord!

No comments: