Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Our Children

Hello Friends,

My husband and I have started journals for our kids. We wanted to write down memories, thoughts, and feelings for our children as they grow up. We also include things God has taught us in our lives. We hope and pray that God will use these journals to strengthen our children's relationship with Christ. As I was writing in my son's journal, I was reminded of a moment I had with him in November. I had just lost a friend of mine in an accident and I was so upset. Cale asked me if I was OK and I told him I had lost a friend that day. He said, "Mommy, do you want me to pray?" "Oh yes, please! And could you pray for his mommy and daddy because they miss their son." Here was his prayer:
God, could you please get me a horse
So I can take his mommy and daddy up
to heaven to see their son. Amen
I told him that was an awesome prayer and thanked him with a big hug and kiss. He then replied, "Mom, do you think I will get a horse?" I couldn't help to laugh so hard that I now was crying tears of joy. Joy that my children bring into my life.

As I was doing my quiet time this morning, I read Matthew 18:1-4. The heading says, "Who is the Greatest?"
At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, "Who is the greatest in the kingdom
of heaven?" And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, "Truly I say to you
unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever
humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:1-4

Children are the greatest! Yours-mine-all! I have been a Christian since I was 13 years old and even though I am wiser, more knowledgeable of the bible, I still long to have the faith of a child-my child!

2 comments:

megan k said...

Girl, that little prayer was so sweet.. I think about him often...

megan k said...

Ohh and i was gonna say, we journal for our kids.. so fun. i look forward to giving the journals to them when they are older.. what a treasure..

this is megan knox/pratt by the way.. :)