Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Rain

I need to get you caught up on the second half of our crazy summer. Right after Case was born my husband took his first head coaching job. We would be moving. . .again:) Even though the thought of selling a house, packing boxes, and moving with 3 small children didn't exactly leave me jumping for joy-where we are going did. He is actually starting a football program at a Christian School in Oklahoma City which is where our church and my job is located. We had been praying for a head coaching job for 2 years and God lead us here. Even though we followed God's lead we are still dealing with some stresses: head coaching duties, starting a program, not being able to sell our house, and commuting with our children.
My husband left the house this morning at 5:30am for his first practice and it was pouring down rain. And as I laid there listening to the rain, I couldn't help but think "Oh I hope our cellar isn't leaking." I drifted back off to sleep and then talked to a friend of mine later this morning and her house flooded. God used these little moments to teach me a life lesson. When it rains if there is any weakness in the house it is exposed. In our house it just happens to be our cellar and in hers it was her roof. When it is warm outside and the sun is shining everything looks strong, but it is when the rain comes that the weaknesses are exposed. The same happens in life-when things are going great our faith looks great, our relationships look great, but it is when the storms of life come that our weaknesses are exposed. Do we really believe God when he says He has plans to prosper us (Jeremiah 29:11)? Is our faith really that strong? Are our relationships able to thrive? Well, the storms are here and I say YES! For when I am weak, Christ is made strong. Jesus bring the rain and let the Roberts' family walk on water!

2 comments:

Denise Douglas said...

Sarah, Hi my name is Denise Douglas (Tony Douglas's wife) (Chris's new assistant coach). Tony has told me a little about your connection with FCA and I am excited to be a part. I am anxious to learn to know you as I'm sure we'll see each other often at the games. My two year old, Kristal, and I will be at as many games as we can. Talk to you soon!!

Anonymous said...

This totally reminds me of the song by Casting Crowns . . . "Praise You In the Storm." I'm praying for you guys. Well I'm about to crack open John. Love you very much and thanks for meeting with me today.