Monday, August 16, 2010

Silent Treatment

Hello Ladies!



I know it is that time again.....School!!! We are starting our second year at Crossings Christian School and still haven't sold our house. Boo! However, after much prayer we are living in a duplex in Edmond. Yay!! Even though it is small, we are so thankful that we live closer to work and school. I have to admit leading up to this decision was a hard road. Do we move or not move? Are we not being patient with God or lacking in Faith? Are we hearing God or missing Him? Did God actually lead us to this school or did we hear Him wrong? Such a range of emotions, I am sure you have went through similar situations.

Have you ever seen the movie Dirty Dancing? Come on be honest:) I have to admit, I love this movie! There is a scene where Baby goes to talk to her dad out on the deck. She is crying and upset and says, "You can't keep giving me the silent treatment!" There is nothing but silence..... and scene. I have to be honest, I think I have said those exact same words to God so many times over the past year and probably even yesterday. There have been so many times that I feel like I hear God, see God, and feel God in every area of my life. And then there are those times when I feel like I don't hear, feel, or see Him. Maybe you can relate. Here is something that has helped me along this path of silence.

In Luke 4 Jesus is the Chapter where Jesus is tempted by Satan 3 times, but the part I want to focus on is Luke 4:1-2:

Jesus full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan
and was led by the Spirit in the desert where for forty
days he was tempted by the devil. He ate nothing during
those days, and at the end of them was hungry.
Can you be full of the Holy Spirit and still end up in the desert? Yes, Jesus did! Can you be alone and hungry and still be in the will of God? Yes, Jesus was! This was no doubt a very difficult time for Jesus, but if you read on you will find He clung to one thing, and it wasn't hearing from God, or feeling God, or seeing God, but it was with God's word! He made it through the desert with the promises of God's Word. He made it through the temptations of the Enemy by God's Word. And it wasn't until after He went through the desert was it time for Him to begin the purpose for which He was created: To become the Messiah. We have to remember that through the silence, through the desert, through the temptations there is something God is preparing you for, whether it something He is doing in you and through you. There is purpose for being led into the desert. Are you prepared with God's Word? I'm working on it-will you join me?
I got Jesus yes I do. I got Jesus how about you? (Sorry, it is officially football season, so everything is a cheer:))
Have a great week!

No comments: