Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Water girl

Hello Friends!!!

So....I get a phone call from my husband yesterday and his words to me were, "Sarah, can you be my water girl for games?" Believe it or not, I was super excited! I have always been a Knight because I was a fan (#1 Fan:)), but now he is asking me, not just to be a spectator, but to be a part of the team! Is it a glorified position? No. Will anyone really notice me? Probably not. But all you have to do is watch the movie, Waterboy, and you will know it is an important job (and you might laugh a little bit too).

As a follower of Jesus Christ, you are now on the team. And as a member of that team God has something specific He want to accomplish through YOU!
1 Corinthians 12: 4-6 says, "Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit, and there are varieties of service, but the same Lord, and there are varieties of activities, but it is the same God who empowers them all in everyone."

You may think "I don't have any gifts or talents" or "does anyone even notice what I do?" or "does what I do really matter?"

YES!! You do have gifts and God wants to use them to do something great for somebody. YES!!! God notices everything you do. YES!!! what you do, no matter how big or how small, matters to God and to the people He has called you to do it for.

If God is stirring something inside of you right now, I challenge you to open your Bible and read 1 Corinthians 12 and read about all the gifts and talents that God gives people and then pray and ask God where He wants to use you. Whatever it is, just know it was created for you!

Just remember, before David killed Goliath, before David was a soldier and before David was King, he was first shephard and WATERBOY for the army of Israel:)

I know my job as the new Crossings Knights' watergirl is going to be fun, simply because I am not standing on the sidelines but a part of the action. Ladies, it is time to get in the game!

No comments: