Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Hey lady!

Hello Friends!

So.... I am at a cross country meet watching one of my FCA coaches and as I was heading back to my car a group of girls were coming towards me and one of them said, "Hey that's that lady that came and spoke to our team. I looked around trying to find someone who was much older than me that they had to be reffering to, after all if she was talking to me she would have said, "Hey that's that girl..." Nope, it was me! I was the lady. Was it the marriage of 11 years that made me feel old? nope. Was it having 3 kids that made me feel old? nope. Was it a 7 year career in the ministry that made me feel old? Nope. It was 3 teenagers calling me a lady that made me feel old. Needless to say I was somewhat bummed the rest of the day when God gave me this verse from 1 Corinthians 13:11, "When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways."
Alright, OK, I get it! I am not a girl (child) anymore. You don't have to keep reminding me and then my husband's first football game happened. . .

I wanted to correct the ref's call and just let him know that he had made a mistake and he might want to know. OK-maybe it wasn't quite like that, but before I could fly off the handle (which I had every other year and in every other game-at least once) I heard the quiet little voice, "You are not a child. Don't speak, act, or reason like one. It's time to give up childish ways."

Wow! Talk about getting a 2X4 in the back of the head. If you know me, you know my mouth can and has gotten me into a lot of trouble as a coaches wife, and since this is my husbands first head coaching job I believe God is calling me to something higher-to put my childish ways behind me. So, I am saying this to you and to the world so that I can be held accountable-I will (with God's help) act like the lady in which those girls reffered to that day. I will keep you posted:)

No comments: