Monday, October 25, 2010

Bullet holes

So....I was driving to my husband's football game and a very interesting car passed me. Ok, I will be honest, it wasn't eye candy at all. It looked like an early 80's Buick that had been driven across country about a 100 times. But that wasn't the thing that caught my attention. It was the fake bullet holes along the side of the driver side door. You know the fake things that you can get to go on your car like the fake baseball crashing through your window and the "leftovers" of Rudolph the red nose reindeer that go in the grill of your car (that is my personal favorite-it really shows the Christmas spirit:)), and of course the fake bullet hole stickers. There is nothing like saying, "How can I make this car that barely runs awesome? Ah yes, fake bullet holes. That will do it." Although it makes me laugh, it also got me thinking about the things we do to make ourselves look and feel better about ourselves. I truly believe that we all live with insecurities, I know I do.
Honestly, I fight insecurities everyday. Everything from physical insecurities to personality insecurities. I fight the thoughts that if people knew the "real me" they probably wouldn't like me so in a sense I wake up thinking, What bullet holes am I going to put on today.
Maybe it is the bullet hole that I have to dress cute so that people will notice my clothes and not me. Maybe it is the bullet hole that I have to act perfect so that no one will no that I am covered with imperfections. Maybe it is the bullet hole that I will do more things for more people because I long to hear praise from people not just my creator.
Do you walk around with any of these bullet holes too?
We try to cover a sinner with these bullet holes in hopes that we too can "appear" like something we are not and weren't created for.

In John 5:44, Jesus says, "How can you believe when you receive glory from one another and do not seek the glory that comes from the only God."

We were not created to receive glory and praise from one another, but to testify to the Glory of the one true God! Let me say that again, YOU and I WERE NOT CREATED TO RECEIVE GLORY AND PRAISE FROM ONE ANOTHER, BUT TO TESTIFY TO THE GLORY OF THE ONE TRUE GOD!!!
We don't have to cover ourselves with bullet holes because we are covered by the blood of Christ. We don't have to be perfect because we are loved by perfection. We need to believe God when he says we are fearfully and wonderfully made. We need to believe that we were made in his image so we are covered with the fingerprints of God-not bullet holes!!!!
I want more than anything that when people see me they see Christ and they can't see Him when I am covered in bullet holes.
I will not let my insecurities keep me from testifying about the one and only GOD!
Will you?

1 comment:

Emily Y said...

Now that I have Internet more often I love reading all of your blogs! Thanks for the challenges and being a light! Love you!