Friday, October 15, 2010

His Autograph

Hello Girls!

Did you ever wait after a game or concert or even see someone famous in a restaurant and ask for their autograph. The writing of a person's name is so huge these days. People pay a lot of money (ridiculous amounts of money) for the signature of some one's name. Now, I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy getting them from a few of my favorite people. I hang them up in my office or a few are hung up in my two boy's room. One of my favorite autographs is from my sweet daughter, Chloe. Why? Because it is written everywhere! Her name is on everything: I open up my journal, she has written her name on every page. I look at her toys and blankets and her name is written on all tags to claim that they are hers. I look at the head rest behind my seat and right there in big black letters is CHLOE. Her dad and I were even shown where she lays down for rest time. How did we know it was her spot? She had written her name on the wall next to her mat. Yep!-There is no mistake about where Chloe has been because her autograph is written on everything she comes into contact.
This reminds me of a couple of verses in the Bible: Romans 1:19-20.
"For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For His invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse."
This verse explains that just because God seems like He is invisible, His power and divine nature are not because He has autographed everything we see around us. How can we question God's power and divine nature when you are in the mountains of Colorado? How can we question God's power and divine nature when you are standing on the edge that over sees the grand canyon? How can we question God's power and divine nature when you see your child being born?
God has written his name on everything we see so that when we go through hard times and rough times of questioning if He is real or not, we can walk outside and see a beautiful arrangement of wild flowers and say, "Oh there you are, God." Or you can see the kindness of a stranger and say, "Oh there you are, God." Or you can hear the laughter of your spouse and say, "Oh there you are, God." Or you can see the childish writing of a little girls' name on a piece of paper and say, "Oh there you are, God."
Last, but not least, God has written His name on you! You are his greatest autograph. The Bible says we were created in HIS image. Just like Chloe writing her name on her toys to say they are hers, God wrote His name on you to say that you are HIS. You are an amazing masterpiece of the God of the universe. What you see as a blemish or a problem, He sees as another autograph of His that makes you special and unique. I see it. Do you?
I challenge you this week to go out and notice God's autographs outside your door!

1 comment:

Blythe said...

That was beautiful, Sarah. :)