Monday, October 4, 2010

Encouragment

Hello Friends!

If you have kids in school you know that at some point you are going to be on some kind of committee. I usually dread committees. In my head it is just one more thing I have to do, Oh sorry, get to do:) Every year it is like a race over to your child's classroom so you can be the first to sign your name and not have to be stuck with the crafts at their class parties. Committees, Committees, Committees! There are committees for everything: to read to the kids, make copies, the PTF committee (parent/teacher fellowship), party committee, fund-raiser committee etc. None of these are bad and all have really great purpose behind them, but very few make me want to run as fast as I can to sign up, except one. I am on the Kudos Committee. This is a committee where you are given two names from the school to write and encourage them. I love this committee because we ALL need to be encouraged!

The Bible says, "Therefore encourage one another and build one another up..." 1 Thessalonians 5:11

Unfortunately, we live in a world where we, sadly, take pleasure in watching the downfall of some of those around us. Whether it is a girl you don't like at work fail or your rival football team lose, we all take delight in seeing someone fail. This breaks my heart when I see others tear each other down and it makes me sick when I do it. God says we are not to let any unwholesome talk come from our mouths, but only that which is used to build each other up according to their needs. (Ephesians 4:29). We ALL need to be encouraged. So...I am recruiting. I am recruiting YOU to be a part of the Kudos Committee this month. I want you to pray and ask God who you can encourage this month. It maybe that girl at work you don't like or the wife of the opposing football team or your own husband. You may know someone who is going through a divorce or just needs to be loved. There is someone God wants to use you to show them His Love and His encouragement. Let's use our words to build people up and watch God to something amazing!
Happy encouragement!!!!

No comments: