Thursday, August 11, 2011

Bring it!!!

Have you ever received a gift you didn't like? I have...I was probably around 10 and my grandma got me a sweatshirt with snowmen all over it. As far as I was concerned, I wasn't a baby anymore and that was a baby sweatshirt. aka...I was too cool for that gift. My mom quickly put me in place about what it means to be thankful when you are given a gift. Did you know that you have been given a gift and/or talent that was given to you by God to be used for God? Yes...You! It is hard to see our own gifts when others around us seem to have much better gifts...Right? Just like everything else, we tend to compare ourselves to others and most of the time, do not like the gifts we were given. Maybe you don't think it is significant...or maybe you don't see how God could use your gift or talent...or maybe you don't even think you have any gifts. As humans, our thoughts on gifts are similar to those on sin...worldly. The world puts sin into categories:bad, worse, worst. The world also puts gifts into categories: good, better, best. God looks at sin as sin, there are no rankings. He also looks at gifts the same way, as gifts. He doesn't see gifts with more visibility any more significant those those gifts that are behind the scenes. He just wants to know that you are using them to your full capability and for His glory, not for yours. Let me give you some encouragement from God's Word...
One of the most well-known miracles Jesus performed was the feeding of the 5000 found in Matthew 14:13-21:

(15) That evening the disciples came to him and said, "This is a remote place, and

its already getting late. Send the crowds away so they can go to the villages and

buy food for themselves." But Jesus said, "That isn't necessary-you feed them"

"But we only have five loaves of bread and two fish!" they answered.

"Bring them here," Jesus said. Then he told the people to sit down on the grass.

Jesus took the five loaves into pieces, he gave the bread to the disciples, who

distributed it to the people. They all ate as much as they wanted, and afterward,

the disciples picked up twelve baskets of leftovers. About 5,000 men were fed

that day, in addition to all the women and children!

Jesus told them to do something, and their reply was, "BUT Jesus we only have this to offer, it is of no significance" Jesus says bring me what you have and watch me work. He wants to do the same for you and me.

-But God, what do I have to offer? Jesus says bring me what you have and watch me work

-But God, my gift is of no significant? Jesus says bring me what you have and watch me work

-But God, I am nothing special. Jesus says bring me what you have and watch me work


If God can feed over 5000 people with two fish and 5 loaves of bread, just imagine what He can do with your gift...if you bring it to Him.

You can do one of three things with the gift God has given you: Hide it, Resent it, or Bring it.

In the celebration of the starting of a new football season, I challenge you to Bring it! Bring it to Jesus and watch him work. Your gift is important to the Kingdom of God whether you think it is or not.

Let's Bring it!!!

No comments: