Thursday, July 10, 2008

God's Calling

I work in the ministry of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes in Oklahoma so when I got the call from my sister that I should go to Women's ministry conferance in Charlotte, NC I was really excited and intrigued at the same time. I went just a few weeks ago and my eyes were open to a whole new world. A world where women didn't play sports or even like sports for that matter. I was just amazed that there were actually women out there who could care less about what college team ESPN Game day was going to be held at this Saturday, who played in the last Super Bowl (one of the greatest super bowls I have ever watched), who was in the Final Four this year, or even who plays on their local high school teams. As a visited with these amazing ladies and thinking my calling to ministry was for all women, this weekend showed me God had a special calling on my life. It was a ministry for a specific group of women:Women who love sports, women who play sports, women who coach sports, and my ultimate passion, women who are the wives of coaches and players of sports. I don't know where God will take this calling, but I am excited to be a part of the ride. I will share with you my heart, my passions, and the words God has spoken to me in hopes that by sharing my stories-you can get through yours!!

No comments: