Saturday, July 12, 2008

Turning 30

July 12, a date I look forward to every year: my birthday. I have always been the person that counted down to the big day. Nobody has ever forgot birthday because I have never ever let anybody forget my birthday. When I was growing up I can remember all the birthday cakes that displayed the words "Happy Birthday, Princess Sarah." I have loved every birthday, but would today be the same. After all, I am turning 30. Everyone has that age that when they were little was the "old age." Mine was the big 3-0. I remember going to my mom's best friend's birthday party and she wore a t-shirt that was black with white letters that said, "I'm entering the twilight zone, I am 30." I have never forgot that shirt and the thoughts I had when I saw it: 30 is old. Well, that day has come today. What will my thirties bring? Looking back to my twenties I had a some great memories. I was married at 20. Chris got has first coaching job when I was 22. We had our first child when I was 26 and our second child at 28. That sounds like a pretty darn good decade. Do you feel a but coming on?. . .BUT, as you might understand and agree, new adventures bring change and I am not very good at change. First, the marriage. . How hard could it be? After all, I was perfect and there were just a few things he needed to change and everything would be perfect. Now you see why I like to say I have been married for 10 years, but happily for 8. I had a lot to learn. We will talk more about that later. Having children, again how hard could that be? I have baby sat before and that wasn't so bad. Now you see where my twenties were full of challenges. All this to say, yes I am ready for my thirties. I am older, wiser, and not quite so naive. Bring on the thirties!!!!

1 comment:

Chaneyg said...

You're awesome girl! I love it!