Monday, October 27, 2008

Believe God

Hello my friends!!!

Can I just tell you how excited I am to have such new friends from all over the country brought together by 3 things: faith, family, and football (and/or any other sports-they just didn't start with "F").
First, I want to let you know I received a prayer request from Heather in Kentucky and I want to ask all of the readers to please pray for the Gunner Gillespie family. Gunner was an 8 year old boy who lost his battle with a brain tumor last week. His father is a HS Basketball coach in Kentucky.
God,
We ask that you would please be with the family of Gunner. I know they are hurting right now but I also know that your Word says you are "close to the brokenhearted and save those who are crushed in Spirit." Be their comfort and peace right now. If there is anyone who knows what it means to lose a son it is you Father.
Amen.

I want to share with you a thought that I often speak about. The difference between believing in God and believing God. There is such a huge difference between the two and I hope by the time I share them with you-you are challenged and encouraged.
Let me start by saying, Believing in God will get you about as far as believing in Santa Clause. Not very.The bible tell us in James 2:19 "You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that-and shudder." Those are some powerful words. They teach us that we can't just believe in God we must believe God. So what do I mean by Believe God?

First, Believe God when he says he has a FUTURE for you. Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a Future." In the life of sports you never know where you are going to be, where you are going to live, but He does. He has plans and a future for your family. Believe Him!!!

Second, Believe God when he says he is FAITHFUL! In 2 Timothy 2:13 it says, "if we are faithless, he will remain Faithful, for he cannot disown himself."
There is an old Indian legend that says that in order for a boy to become a man, he has to sit outside on a tree stump, in the forest, all night long with his eyes closed. No matter what he hears or feels, he can not open his eyes or he fails. For those boys who succeed they get to open their eyes when they feel the sunshine and what they find is their father was standing beside them the whole night, watching and protecting. They didn't see him-but he was there. They didn't hear him-but his was there. They didn't feel him but his was there! Whatever you are going through right now, remember, you may not feel God, but He is there. You may not see God, but He is there! And you may not hear God-But He is there. Believe HIM!

Third, Believe God when He says you are FORGIVEN! Psalms 103:12 says, as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our sins from us." You may say, "but Sarah, you don't know what I have done." And I will say, God Forgives you! No matter what. You may say, "So why do I still feel guilt and shame." That is not God not forgiving you-that is your spiritual enemy (Satan) not letting you forget. You are Forgiven! Believe Him!!

Lastly, if you miss this part then you have missed the entire message. Believe God when He says, "This is my son whom I am well pleased". . . nobody comes to me except through Him. You see, we don't get to experience God's future, His faithfulness, or His Forgiveness without experiencing His Son, Jesus Christ! This is exciting! We have hope, we have peace, and joy like we never knew before!
I was the biggest Michael Jordan fan growing up. I had his shoes, his posters, his book etc. I knew his stats, career etc. But if I were to walk up to Michael Jordan today and said, "Hey Mike." He would say, "I don't know you." That is the difference. I know of him, but I don't know him.

Believe God today and all that He has in store for you, your husband, and your family!!!

No comments: