Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Are you serious?

OK, Let me just start off by saying "Are you serious?" As burdened as I was yesterday, I am on cloud 9 day. If you don't believe in the power of prayer and miracles then let me be a living testimony today. If I could jump through this computer and tell you in person I would because I don't feel I convey my true excitement over typing(If you know me, you know I am a very excitable person), but I will try. Well, after I shared yesterday I told you I was going to take my own advice and shut up and pray (which again, if you know me is very hard to do). I prayed for our friends and I prayed for us. I received a text from the parent last night wanting to know if I was coming to bible study. I was so excited for this text, but I couldn't go because it was the one Monday that my husband didn't have a JV game so we were spending some family time which you all know is rare during season. After being sad that I had to decline, but so excited for the invitation I invited her to coffee this morning. We met and let me tell you God was present in that little coffee house.

She first opened up about everything she was going through as a wife, mother, daughter, and worker. Her heart was just so stressed and overwhelmed and then here it came. . . "I am so sorry for how I treated you at the game." All this with tears rolling down her face and I just wanted to love on her. All I could think was "if I was going through everything she was at this point in her life I probably would have ripped someone's head off by now." I know it had to be so hard for her, but I am not sure she will ever know to the full extent what that did for me as a Christ-follower and a coaches wife.

This lesson has encouraged me as a coaches wife because it goes to show: First of all, God is bigger than any situation. Scripture tells us "to be anxious about nothing, but in everything with prayer and petition present your requests to God with thanksgiving." I should have went to God first instead of worrying about it for 2 days first. Second, we can never fully know what people are going through personally. She was my friend and I had no idea she was struggling as much as she was. Ladies, we have an opporunity to shine the light of Christ in dark filled world. I pray that this entry encourages you and challenges you to do just that!!!! Parents, administration, etc. are not our enemy. We have one enemy and he would like nothing more than for us to believe they were. Be encouraged when your husband goes through this. God is Great! Until next time. . .

No comments: