Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Game night

I did not intend on waiting this long to write, but life happens (as you all know). I have been wanting to write about our first game. It started with our usual rituals: putting Chloe in her Kingfisher cheer outfit (even though her daddy promises she will not be a cheerleader), putting Cale in the jersey of his choice for the week (this week was the OU jersey), popping pocorn to take with us and the always needed snacks, toys etc. My kids were so excited about the game that when I picked them up from Miss Tracy's it was not an option to go home before the game so this week I took them to Pizza Hut. A big treat to them! We arrived at the game 30 minutes early to get our corner of the field. We don't sit in the stands because as some one in the ministry it is best I stay as far away from parents as I can before I get kicked out of the ministry for my words:) (A topic to be covered later)

Here it comes, one of the best parts of my night. My kids anxiously waiting outside the dressing room not for the football players, but for a good luck kiss and hug for Coach Daddy! The players yelling and screaming, the excitement is in the air for opening night and out comes daddy. My kids yelling daddy, daddy, daddy! Daddy stops to kiss Cale, then Chloe, then momma! I would be lying if I said my excitement comes just from watching my kids. I am secretly and ever so anxiously waiting my turn for my hug and kiss just like one of the kids. I love it!! Has it always been this way. No! That is why it is such a precious thing to me. This act was just the end of many lessons that had to be learned, lessons for me and him. Although we are still learning how to be a coaching family this is just one act that will always been precious. Football season has begun. Yes, we did win! Yeah!

No comments: