Monday, September 29, 2008

Not alone

You may read this blog and think 'Someone else is going through what I am.' I want to challenge you to read the comments as well. Coaches and their families are going through situations like this all over the nation. I want you to know "You are not alone." We are all in this together, and we as in you and I, our husbands, children, and the creator of the universe.

I learned a lesson awhile back and I hope it is one that encourages you too. Our spiritual enemy comes at us using two tactics: temptation and opposition. He will tempt you with weakness, trying to get you to stumble in your walk so that the name of Christ for who you stand for will be dragged through the mud. He will come against everything you are and stand for. If you are trying to do the right things and it just doesn't seem like you are, you are being opposed. When you are walking with integrity and their are rumors that you are not-you are being opposed. The lesson comes in how we handle these two tactics. The bible teaches us to flee from temptation and fight opposotion, but we, as humans, tend to do the opposite. We want to fight temptation and flee from opposition.

The enemy tries these tactics on me as a coaches wife all the time. I have been tempted a lot to say things to fans in the stands (nothing that would resemble coming from that of a person in ministry:)) and I think I am fighting that temptation, but once I realized I was to flee from the temptation, I don't sit in the stands anymore. Now, when it comes to being opposed I will fight, fight, fight! But we are not supposed to fight as the world does with more rumors and more hurtful words, no God says in His Word, "Finally be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against people, but against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able stand your ground, after you have done everything, to stand." Ephesians 6:10-13

I know I have a long ways to go for these lesson to mastered, but knowing that I am not alone in the fight gives me encouragement. Fighting with you. . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss your postings.